Saturday, March 22, 2008

Water water everywhere...

(Today's Flickr selection)

It's amazing how 24 hours can change things. According to the ACOE set, the water just keeps rising and rising. This afternoon after coming back from the "mainland" of Canton via the Bolivar Dam, we got our first glimpse of just how high the water has gotten. It's filled up the side of the road next to 212 all the way up to and covering North Orchard. 212 itself is pretty much covered with water now to 2005 levels. Dover-Zoar Rd/County Rd 82 is completely covered on the Zoar side of the bridge. Just last night around 8 pm, it was just touching the roadside and now it's covered. Pics on Flickr.
A few other notes of interest. First, as listed in the previous post, that the Zoar Tavern plans to remain open. Denise and I stopped down for a few minutes of grown up time and were talking with a few folks there. The rumor mill has it, (I know, I said I wasn't going to go with a rumor mill on here, but it did seem like a reliable source), that it's likely the kids will be out of school until the first week of April at least. I also heard that the Corps is VERY concerned about the Bolivar Dam as I had expected. Now, I really want to hear an explanation as to why we didn't hear about that from officials earlier. It's likely though that we may never though.
Happy Easter everybody.

No comments: