Saturday, March 22, 2008

Wow! A broken record!

In the 2005 flood, Atwood Lake set a record of 935.14 feet above sea level. As of the 9:30 AM readings today, Atwood is now at 935.55. I wish we could somehow get high aerial shots like the ones on Google Maps so that we can get a better idea as to how all the water is laying in different areas of the region. Water at Atwood is high. Water behind Dover...high. Water behind Bolivar, not so high. I know, I'm starting to sound like a conspiracy theorist sitting in my basement with a tin-foil hat on thinking the government, aka "The Man", is hiding something from us. I'm just concerned that this could have been better prevented with not so much flow out of Bolivar, but if there is a problem with Bolivar....well, another broken record.
Harrumph.

No comments: